Posted June 06, 2018 12:25:22The police call can be a nuisance, but not always.

It’s important to ask for the police to contact you first, to ensure they have the right information.

You can also take the police call to the phone company, to confirm that they’re authorised to make the call.

Call detailsPolice are authorised to contact people who are suspected of offences, but the police do not always have the information they need.

You should contact police if:The police have been unable to contact someone you want to see about an offence.

You want to discuss the offence, but can’t or don’t want to make contact.

You need to take the call because you need to contact a solicitor.

You think you’ve been a victim of crime, but don’t have any idea why or how.

Police are not always able to confirm the identity of the person making the call, and the police don’t always have access to the information needed to investigate the matter.

What you can doIf you’re having a police complaint or you’re concerned about a crime being committed, it’s important that you get in touch with the police as soon as possible.

Call police if you’re unsure of the right way to contact them.

You’ll need to ask the police why you’re being asked to call, or why you haven’t contacted them.

Some police will say you can only call them by calling them from your mobile phone.

Others will ask you to use a contact number that they have.

If you have an existing contact or phone number, ask them for it.

You may also need to call your local police station or phone company.

You can also contact the police if they’re not able to contact your local station or you have concerns about the safety of your children or pets.

Call the policeIf you think someone has committed a crime, the police can:Contact the person or people involved in the crime.

If the police believe there is an offence or have reason to believe someone is committing a crime:Call police immediately.

If a crime has not been committed, the Police will:Ask you to give them details of any witnesses and their whereabouts.

Give them a description of the crime scene.

Give a description and contact information of anyone who may have witnessed the crime, or could have seen someone else who may be in the area.

Tell them what to do nextIf there are no witnesses, or no one is able to provide you with details of witnesses, police will:Give you the contact details of the police officer who’s investigating.

Ask you for a description or photographs of any people who may know anything about the crime and who may witness it.

If police have received a complaint about a person, or are concerned about someone, or the person is known to have committed a criminal offence, the officer will:Send you an email with information about the complaint, including the name and contact details for the person, as well as the police report, if available.

If they have a contact details card, police may ask you if you have any information that could assist them in their investigation.

If there is no record of a complaint, or a person hasn’t contacted the police about a complaint that they made, police are not required to contact the person.

Police will only give you information about a case if you give them a reasonable opportunity to contact their contact.

They can also ask you for details of people who have been in contact with them.

If, for whatever reason, you can’t get the police involved, the next best thing is to:Tell your family or friends you’ve called the police.

If that doesn’t work, contact your GP or social worker.

If your GP can help you with a police referral, contact them directly.

Police don’t need to be concerned if you don’t know someone who can help.

The police will be able to give you contact details to someone who has a criminal history, and they will be entitled to a police record if they refer you to someone with a criminal record.

The person you contact may need to go through a background check to confirm they’re the person who is the right person to contact.

If someone has a record, they will have to report it to police.

If they are not satisfied with the information or the results of the background check, they can contact police directly.

If it’s not a police matter, the person will need to tell you what to tell them and what to report.

If any police investigation or investigation results show that a crime was committed, you may be able contact the prosecutor or the Crown Attorney.